What to Bring
The Kimberley 'Dry Season' temperatures vary significantly over a 24 hour period. The day time temperatures range between a pleasant 26 to 34 degrees Celsius, whilst the overnight lows can get down to 3 degrees Celsius.
We recommend you consider the following items when packing for a Bushtrack Safaris tour:
- Light cotton clothing suitable for tropical weather for day time use
- Swimwear and a swimming towel
- A bath towel
- Warm clothing for cool to cold evenings (minus 2 to 12 degrees Celsius)
- A pair of good walking shoes and gators to protect socks from grass seeds
- A torch and spare batteries
- A small backpack for day use
- A personal water bottle for day use
- Personal toiletries, medical supplies, sun cream and a hat
- Insect repellent, fly veil, and pair of old enclosed shoes for walking in the mud
- A camera and film
- Binoculars for bird watching
There is a washing machine available for use at Bachsten Creek bush camp, and soap powder can be purchased there for mid-tour washing.